It’s long been debated which is better maritime snowpack or continental snowpack. Here are the pro’s and con’s… You decide.
- Avalanche Risk: Maritime temperatures keep snowpack a little on the heavy side but that warmer snow bonds much easier when compared to a continental snowpack, which sees big downswings in temperature that create hoar and faceted snow.
- Stomped: Maritime snow delivers the ultimate stomping conditions with a muted spring on landing. Blower can be a little less predictable.
- Coverage: Maritime snow is the ultimate for coverage. It comes in fast and its heavy and moist qualities allow the snow to stick to steeper and rockier surfaces.
- No Faceshots: It’s definitely harder to go to trenchtown when the snow has the consistency of concrete.
- Rain: With maritime snow, storms can…
View original post 276 more words